There's an old song that goes, "How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree? (Paris)
Well, how you gonna keep 'em down after they've seen PERI?
(hint... you're not!)
Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life (zoe 2222), and that they might have it more abundantly (perissos 4053).” -- John 10:10
- that they might have it overflowing in them – Beck
- that they might have it to the full – Moffat
- that they might have it superabundantly -– Concordant Literal
Zoe 2222 (from The Complete Word Study Dictionary NT)Life, referring to the principle of life in the spirit and soul. Distinguished from bio (979), physical life, livelihood, of which zoe is the nobler word, expressing all of the highest and best which Christ is (John 14:6; 1 John 1:2), and which He gives to the saints. The highest blessedness of the creature.
- Zoe is used as an absolute sense for the source of all life
- Blessed life, life that satisfies, being indwelt by God
- Eternal life – that life of bliss and glory
- The real life
- In an absolute sense, The Life
Perissos 4053 (from peri 4012)
- beyond, superabundant, excellent, better, much, great, overflowing, over and above, more than enough, superior, excessive, exceedingly abundantly above, beyond measure
Peri 4012 (pronounced PER-EE')
- through (all over); ie, around
- circuit (around), excess (beyond), or completeness (through)
The zoe life of God... the real life... the life that satisfies... the life of bliss and glory... The Life... the superabundant, beyond measure, excessive, overflowing, over and above, more than enough, superior, exceedingly abundantly above, excellent life which the Father imparts to us through His Son, Jesus Christ... it's PERI!
It's all over...
it's circuit is around...
it's excess is beyond...
it's completeness is through... and through!
How can anything keep us down? It can't. Cause we've seen Peri!